Three new Anti-militarist Prisoners- EDO smashed!
Six Anti-militarist activists entered the ITT/EDO MBM arms factory in Moulescombe, Brighton in the early hours of Saturday the 17th January, where they are believed to have caused extensive damage to the offices, and to equipment used to make arms, including the ‘zero retention force arming units’ and ‘ejector release unit 151′ which the Smash EDO/ITT campaign says are supplied to the Israeli Air Force. The campaign became aware of the action when they received a phone call from those inside the factory this morning who said that they were ‘decommissioning’ the factory in solidarity with the people of Gaza, who are currently at the receiving end of the factories products.
A video of the action including an interview with Elijah Smith – http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iQhzTn3H4sE
Three of the arrested were remanded into custody at Brighton Magistrates court on Monday, They are:
Christopher Osmond VT7548
1 Brighton Road
Chris has now been released on bail. Elijah and Robert have not and desperatly need your support!
Elijah Smith VP77551
1 Brighton Road
Robert Alford VP7552
1 Brighton Road
Please now start sending letters of support to keep their spirits up.
We will try and find out what can be sent in to this prison, but envelopes, stamps, paper, postal orders and newsletters are usually ok.
If you’re interested…
UK arms companies known to have supplied Israel include:
Sub-systems/components for F-16 fighter aircraft:
* BAE Systems. Headquarters: 6 Carlton Gardens, London, SW1Y 5AD
Tel: 01252 373232. Specific location(s) relevant to Israeli F-16s are not known. BAE Systems has numerous locations around the UK (see BAE Systems website), several of which might produce F-16 parts.
* MPE. Hammond Road, Knowsley Industrial Park, Liverpool, L33 7UL
Tel: 0151 632 9100. MPE website
* Smiths Group. Aerospace headquarters: 765 Finchley Road, London, NW11 8DS
Tel: 020 8458 3232. Smiths Aerospace website
Specific location(s) relevant to Israeli F-16s are not known.
Components for Merkava tanks:
* Airtechnology Group. 111 Windmill Road, Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex, TW16 7EF
Tel: 01932 765 822. Airtechnology website
Sub-systems/components for Apache attack helicopters:
* AgustaWestland (exports the ‘Jesus nuts’ produced by Redmayne Engineering)
Lysander Road, Yeovil, Somerset BA20 2YB
Tel: 01935 475222. AgustaWestland website
* Brimar (Helmet-mounted display systems)
Greenside Way, Middleton, Manchester, M24 1SN
Tel: 0161 681 7072. Brimar website
* Meggitt Avionics (Air data system)
7 Whittle Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 5SH
Tel: 01489 483300. Meggitt website
* Page Aerospace (Light dimming system)
Forge Lane, Green Street, Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex TW16 6EQ
Tel: 01932 787661. Page Aerospace website
* Penny + Giles Controls (Rotary variable differential transformers)
36 Nine Mile Point Ind. Est., Cwmfelinfach, Gwent NP11 7HZ
Tel: 01495 202000. Penny + Giles Controls website
* Redmayne Engineering (‘Jesus nut’)
Station Approach, Brockenhurst, Hampshire SO42 7TW
Tel: 01590 623153. Redmayne Engineering website
* Senior Aerospace Baxter Woodhouse & Taylor (Air ducting)
Adlington Park, Adlington, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4NL
Tel: 01625 870700. Senior Aerospace website
* Smiths Group (Electrical power management systems)
Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham, GL52 8SF
Tel: 01242 673333. Smiths Aerospace website
* SPS Aerostructures (Engine air intakes)
Willow Drive, Sherwood Business Park, Annesley, Nottinghamshire NG15 ODP
Tel: 0115 998 0000. SPS Aerostructures website
Main sources: The Guardian 29.7.06; Airforces Monthly, June 2004; The Guardian 9.7.02